Wazalendo Hockey Club is a self-supporting top-flight hockey club in Kenya. Established in 1995, the club has been consistent in participating in the Kenya Hockey Union organized leagues & events and other regional and local open/invitational tournaments.
We are based at Highway Secondary School, South “B” Estate in Nairobi. We meet every Tuesday and Thursday from 5.00pm to 7.00pm (GMT+3) and on Sunday’s from 9.00am (GMT+3).
We have one Premier League team (Men), one National League team (Men) and an Academy team comprising of both gender.
OUR PUBLICITY GOALS;
• Increase Engagement
• Increase following
• Increase reach
IDENTITY (Who we are);
• Wazalendo Hockey Club is a sports organization that is primarily engaged in field
hockey for people of all abilities and all ages.
PURPOSE (Why we exist);
• We provide an environment for interaction and engagement to promote health
and fitness for our members with a view of enabling members realize their
VISION (Where we are going);
• To be the most successful sporting club in Africa and beyond
CORE VALUES (what guides our actions);
• Hard work
• More than a game
1. All rounded personal development to our members through active participation
2. Provide an environment for social and professional networking to members
3. Financial sustainability of the club activities
4. Provide social entertainment to our supporters and fans
OUR SUCCESS STORIES;
1. League titles
• Premier League Men: Runner up 2007, runner up 2019;
• National League Men: Winner 2017
2. Tournaments performance
• Sanaa 2016 Winner;
• Easter Cup (Uganda) Winner 2018
3. Individual Member’s achievements
• Premier League Men upcoming player 2018 – Kennedy Munialo;
• 2019 Men’s Premier League HockeyKE Player of the Year – Sutcliffe Usagi
4. National Team participation news
5. Positive Media mentions
6. Positive commentaries from stakeholders
7. Our products
• Academic products of Wazalendo Brand; Frank Nelson Shiraku, Stanley Chege,
• Young Players Development Program.